Welcome to the course programme of Jyväskylä Summer University!
You can enroll on our courses all year round. Our course programme is updated continuously.
Upcoming, current courses are listed on the right and by clicking “Courses” on the left you can find our whole course programme.
The Intensive Summer course in Finnish Language and Culture in summer 2016 has its own registration form here:
Suomen kielen ja kulttuurin intensiivikurssi / Intensive Summer Course in Finnish Language and Culture 2014
Please note the following terms before enrolling:
- The enrollments are binding and you commit to paying for the course or study module when you enroll.
- Private persons must pay the course fee online when enrolling, via a Finnish online bank service or with a credit card (Diners Club, JCB, Visa, MasterCard). NOTE: If you have enrolled but the payment fails, do not enroll again but contact the summer university office without delay at kesayo(at)jyu.fi.
- Unpaid online enrollments will have the day of enrollment as their due date and a handling fee of €5 will be charged per invoice.
- Unpaid course fee invoices are collectible after the due date.
- If the course fee is paid by an organization see “Course fees paid by an employer or an organization”
- If you enroll on multiple courses at once (adding multiple courses to the Shopping cart) you must pay for all of them at once.
- If you wish to pay for multiple courses separately you will need to enroll on and pay for each course individually.
- Paper invoices will be sent by mail only if a course is paid by an employer or an organization.
- Course fees are not bound to performance on courses.
- In case your participation on a course is prevented, another person can take your place on it before the course starts.
- The Summer University will not return paid course fees.
Course fees paid by an employer or an organization
- Instead of paying for the course fee upon online enrollment your employer or a Finnish organization can pay for the fee and an invoice will be sent by mail. In this case you only fill in the Billing Information in the online registration form including the business ID (y-tunnus).
- A handling fee of €5 is always added to the invoices. Please note that our online system has been designed for online payment.
- If your employer or another organization has committed to paying your course fee but fails to do so, the fee will be collected from the student.
- Please note that in case of cancellation the course fee can only be refunded to a credit card or the payer’s bank account within the SEPA area.
Instructions for enrolling on open university studies
- If you enroll on a study module, e.g. “Farmasian perusopinnot 25 op”, you do not need to enroll for single courses separately.
- If you want to study courses within a study module as individual courses you must enroll on every course separately.
Exceptions in course fees
- Only students enrolled as present in the University of Jyväskylä are entitled to a discount on the open university studies offered by the Summer University. The discount is not applied to the study- or registration fees of the open university of the university in charge of the subject. Information on the study fees can be found on the webpage of each subject. Please note that the student discount is personal and cannot be applied to course fees paid by an organization.
- To be eligible for the student discount you must fill in your student number and “University of Jyväskylä” in the “School” field in the online enrollment form.
- If you are not sure whether you are entitled to the discount please contact the Summer University before enrollment. Enrollments are binding.
- Possible group- or other discounts are mentioned in the information for each course.
Terms of cancellation
- If you are unable to start the course you have registered for, please inform the Jyväskylä Summer University immediately in writing by e-mail (kesayo(at)jyu.fi) or by mail (Jyväskylän kesäyliopisto, PL 35, 40014 JYVÄSKYLÄN YLIOPISTO, Finland).
- If you cancel your enrollment at least 14 days before the course starts you will be charged 20 % of the course fee as handling fee (€20 minimum).
- If you cancel your enrollment less than 14 days before the course starts the full course fee will be charged.
- Enrollment will still be valid even if you don’t pay the course fee. Course fees are collectible (Law 706/2007).
- For possible refund the student must fill a refund form and deliver it to the Summer University office as soon as possible, within one (1) month of the starting day of the course at latest.
- Please note that the course fee can only be refunded to the payer’s bank account within the SEPA area.
- The Summer University reserves the right to changes in programme, such as changing the schedule of the course or cancelling it due to lack of participants.
Paytrail Oyj (2122839-7) acts as an implementer of the payment handling service and as a Payment Service Provider. Paytrail Oyj will be shown as the recipient in the invoice and Paytrail Oyj will forward the payment to the merchant. Paytrail Oyj is an authorized Payment Institution.
Paytrail Oyj, business ID 2122839-7
Phone: +358 207 181830
Paytrail Oyj (FI2122839-7) provides netbank related payment transfer services in co-operation with Finnish banks and credit institutions. For consumer the service works exactly the same way as traditional web payments.