This is Helsinki Summer University course program. By clicking "Courses" on the menu, you will find the whole course program.
The teaching is given in Finnish unless otherwise stated. If you have any questions about contents or language of any course, please contact our office before enrollment. The enrollments are binding.
All online enrollments must be paid online. Only paid enrollments are valid. If an individual participates in a course without a paid enrollment and confirmation from the Summer University office for the specific course/group, he/she will be charged the course fee in total + administrative costs (min.40 eur).
Before registration read carefully the following instructions and conditions that are approved by enrolling. You also approve that the teacher of your course has access to your contact information. If there is anything unclear concerning the course or the enrolling instructions, please contact our office before your enrollment. All enrollments are binding.Please note that when you take a distance learning course, you are responsible of your own equipment. Helsinki Summer University doesn´t return money due to individual connection or technical problems.
1. Please enrol on time to ensure a place on the course.
2. If you are unsure whether the course meets your learning needs, please contact the office before enrolling.
3. If the course requires textbooks, you must purchase them yourself before the course begins.
4. Please read the terms of cancellation, as all course enrolments are binding. When you send your enrollment form, you approve our terms and conditions.
5. Absences due to corona and corona testing are treated in accordance with the normal cancellation policy.
1. You must pay the course fee to attend the course. After completing the payment, you will receive a confirmation message, which you must bring to the first lesson and present, if requested.
2. You may pay online via Paytrail using a Finnish online bank or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Visa Electron, Eurocard and Maestro)
3. If the course is full, you may still enrol for and be placed on the waiting list. In this case, the Summer University office will contact you if a place on the course becomes available. The teachers do not have the authority to accept enrolments from the waiting list.
4. You cannot attend the course, unless you have paid the course fee and received the confirmation message. Please note that the course fee covers only the specific course and the specific group the student has enrolled for. If an individual participates in a course without enrolling, they will be charged the course fee, billing and administrative costs (40 euros).
5. We will charge a 5-euro billing fee if the course is paid for by a company. If the company does not pay the course fee, it will be charged from the participant.
6. The enrolment does not expire if you do not pay the course fee. Course fees are collectible (Law 706/2007).
7. Please check the course dates online, as there are no reminder messages
8. Discounts are granted to all students enrolled as attending students on a BA or MA programme at any Finnish university or university of applied sciences. In order to get a student discount you must present your student card or proof of study upon registration. When registering online, please fill in the details of your institute of learning and your student number or student ID
1. Enrolments are always binding.
2. You must always notify the Summer University of all cancellations in writing via the cancellation form or via email at info(at)kesayliopistohki.fi
- We will charge a cancellation fee, which is 20 % of the course’s price (min 20-euro and max 100-euro), for cancellations made at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the course/study module.
- There are no refunds for cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the beginning of the course.
3. You may cancel your enrolment due to illness (and must present a doctor’s or nurse’s certificate). Refunds due to illness are paid accordingly:
- Before the course/study module begins, the Summer University will refund 50 % of the course fee.
- Before the course/study module is half-way through, the Summer University will refund 25 % of the course fee
- No refunds are offered if the course/study module is cancelled over half-way through.
4. The Summer University has the right to cancel a course due to lack of participants or for other reasons. In this case, the whole course fee will be refunded.
5. The Summer University reserves the right to make changes in course arrangements following the recommendations and restrictions imposed by the authorities.
6. The Summer University takes no responsibility for student´s own equipment. No refund is made due to individual connection failures or computer problems. Please, make sure you have suitable equipment before enrolling and test it before the beginning of the course.
7. All refunds are made via Paytrail to the payee’s card or to accounts within the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) .